Many homeowners today share the opinion that a towel warmer not only adds value but style, elegance and warmth to any room in the home. No longer confined to the bathroom, towel warmers are gaining popularity in kitchens, bedrooms, mudrooms and basements for added heat and to reduce moisture, humidity and mildew. The question is no longer whether or not they should add a towel warmer to their bathrooms, but rather which towel warmer to choose. Over the last 50 years, designers and engineers have continually advanced the towel warmer technology to what we see today. The modern homeowner has an abundance of design, finish and installation options to choose from. This towel warmer buying guide is aimed to help you become more informed on your choices and give you a better opportunity to order the correct towel warmer for your application, décor and budget.
When choosing a towel warmer, the following options should be taken into account:
- Which will fit my budget? Economical or designer model?
- Which would I prefer? Electric or hydronic?
- What are the benefits of choosing hardwired or plug-in installation?
- Which will suit my needs better? Freestanding or wall mounted?
- Should I choose simple, sleek lines or a more eccentric, artistic design?
- What kind of finish will complement my existing décor?
- Should I choose a unit with or without a timer?
While many of these questions are largely decided based on personal opinion, we hope to provide you with enough information to be able to make an informed decision on which towel warmer best suits your needs.